Think a breast augmentation might be right for you? It’s a personal decision that demands a lot of consideration. Our priorities at Avenue Plastic Surgery center on the health and well being of all of our patients. Once I have an understanding of the look you want to achieve with a breast augmentation, I have to evaluate a number of important factors in order to create the appearance that best fits you.
Below are five factors that influence your breast augmentation in Toronto:
1. Current and Desired Breast Size — I evaluate your current cup size and breast shape in order to provide you with a recommended breast size increase that is appropriate for your health as well as your overall appearance and silhouette.
2. Current and Desired Breast Shape — During a consultation, I will review your current breast shape and discuss how it will change with a breast augmentation. It will typically become rounder, firmer, and perkier. If your breasts sit flat against your chest or sag, we can talk about the potential for combining a breast lift with your augmentation to help heighten your bust line.
3. Saline-filled, Silicone Gel-filled, or Cohesive Silicone Implants — Never before have Toronto women had so many options for breast implants. I’ll show you the differences between the various breast implant options and offer my expertise to help you determine which could work best for you.
4. Breast Augmentation Surgical Technique —The type of implant you choose may affect which technique I’ll use to insert your implants. Saline-filled implants, for example, are inserted first and then filled with saline after placement. Silicone-filled gel implants, however, come pre-filled, thus a different surgical technique may be used to insert your implants.
5. Breast Implant Placement — Implants may be inserted under the breast tissue and in front of the chest muscle (referred to as a sub-glandular or sub-mammary placement), or behind the chest muscle (called a sub-muscular placement). Depending on the factors previously listed, you may be able to choose between a sub-glandular and sub-muscular placement.
I invite you to come to one of our Toronto or Whitby offices for a personalized, private breast augmentation consultation. Contact us today to make an appointment and find out more about your breast augmentation options.