Deciding if Liposuction is Right for You
What are the first steps to liposuction?
Our Liposuction Expertise
- Dr. Alexander Golger & Dr. Romby are liposuction experts, having performed over 10,000 aesthetic surgeries in their careers
- Winner of the 2021 Readers Choice Award for Cosmetic Surgery
- Dr. Alexander Golger and Dr. Romy are both fully certified by the Royal College of Physicians of Canada.
- Dr. Golger is a proud member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, where he is listed as a liposuction surgeon.
- Dr. Golger was hand-selected as a Toronto Top Doc
- At Avenue Plastic Surgery, we pride ourselves on our advanced expertise in liposuction surgery
Liposuction at a First Glance
- Surgery Time: 1-2 hours
- Price: $5,000+
- Financing: Available upon request.
- Recovery: Most patients are able to return home on the day of surgery
- Results: Immediately! *Final results will take a few months as the swelling goes down
Who are the Best Candidates For Liposuction?
Highly regarded by our patients as the #1 liposuction practice in Toronto, we’ve had the joy of performing liposuction on thousands of patients. Below, we’ve included some of the best candidates:
- The best candidates for a liposuction procedure are healthy individuals within a normal weight range who have firm, elastic skin and localized pockets of excess fat.
- Patients should be in good physical and emotional health before planning any surgical procedure and have realistic expectations of the results that can be achieved.
- Although age doesn’t need to be a negative factor when considering liposuction, older patients tend to have diminished skin elasticity which can affect the final outcomes. Liposuction is also riskier for individuals who have comorbidities such as diabetes, heart and lung disease, or poor blood circulation.
Common Target Areas For Liposuction
It is important to understand that liposuction is not a substitute for a healthy diet and regular exercise, rather it is a cosmetic, body contouring solution for the removal of fat cells that are resistant to these traditional weight loss methods.
Our female Toronto liposuction patients commonly request the procedure to be performed in the following areas:
- Under their chin
- On their hips
*In contrast, our male patients typically want to reduce fat around their midsection, or the submental, (under the chin) area. Liposuction can also be used during male breast reduction as an effective treatment for those with a medical condition known as gynecomastia.
Preparing for Your Liposuction Procedure
As you plan for your liposuction procedure in Toronto, we will provide you with helpful instructions about preparing for it. We offer guidelines on nutrition, drinking, smoking, certain medications, and vitamin supplements. If you develop an infection, particularly a skin infection, be sure to let your plastic surgeon know because your procedure may need to be postponed.
It is also advised that you make arrangements for a comfortable and stress-free recovery. Make sure that you have a family member or friend who can drive you to and from our clinic, as well as provide support with daily chores when you are home. You will be able to move around as you normally do, however, strenuous activity and exercise should be avoided for at least a few weeks or as long as your surgeon advises you.
Which Anesthesia is Used for Liposuction?
There are several types of anesthesia, which may be used for your Toronto liposuction procedure. Together, we will discuss which anesthesia is optimal to ensure a safe and effective level of comfort for your procedure.
For patients who wish to target only a minor amount of excess fat, liposuction can be performed with local anesthesia. When we administer local anesthesia to our patients, we also offer intravenous sedation to help maintain relaxation throughout the process. While patients who are receiving treatment for a greater surface area prefer general anesthesia.
What are the Benefits of Liposuction?
There are great benefits to a Toronto liposuction. Not only will you lose weight, but you’ll also gain self-confidence and be properly set up for a more healthy lifestyle. Say goodbye to unwanted, stubborn fat that no matter how hard you worked, wouldn’t disappear.
What are the Associated Risks and Complications of Liposuction?
In general, Today’s liposuction procedures carried out by experienced, Royal College certified plastic surgeons are considered to be safe and effective. However, the risk of complications is associated with any surgical procedure. Your plastic surgeon will discuss with you whether any health concerns may increase with the number of treatment areas you choose. Through detailed assessment, careful technique, and postoperative instructions we aim to minimize risks such as delayed healing, the formation of blood or fat clots, excessive fluid loss, seroma, infection, or unfavorable drug reactions.
I wanted to share my amazing experience with Dr. Golger, Josie, and the rest of his team. From the second I met with Dr. Golger, at my initial appointment, I felt very comfortable and confident with my decision to have cosmetic surgery. I was very excited but nervous about my procedure and both Dr. Golger and Josie kept me at ease. The same night of my operation Dr. Golger called me to see how I was doing. Josie was available any time of day to answer any questions I had. the Saturday night after my surgery I texted Josie with an inquiry and she responded in seconds. Dr. Golger booked continuous follow-up appointments to see my progress and assured me everything was healing properly. I’m very happy and excited about my results and would refer my friends and family to Dr. Golger. Thank you again for everything you have done for me.
Individual results may vary