Body Lift Surgery
What is a body lift surgery?
With a surgical body lift, the volume and structure of underlying tissue that supports the skin and can be improved.
Any excess skin or fat can also be eliminated for a tighter appearance. The weight of excess skin can be significant, so a slimmer and lighter feeling is often a much-appreciated outcome. A Toronto body lift surgery aims to correct the loose, sagging skin and irregular contours of various body areas, including:
- The abdominal area, extending to the sides and lower back
- The buttocks
- The groin
- The inner and outer thighs
- The upper and under arms region
Who are good candidates for a body lift surgery?
Individuals with stable body weight that is proportionate to their height and build are typically good candidates for a body lift surgery in Toronto and Whitby. There is no age limitation for healthy adults interested in body lifts that have realistic expectations in mind. Below are some of the characteristics that define a suitable candidate for a body lift surgery:
- Have significant amounts of loose tissue in one or multiple body areas
- Do not have any medical conditions that impede healing or increase surgical risks
- Is a non-smoker
- Maintains a positive outlook and has specific, realistic goals for body contouring
- Not planning future pregnancies (if treating the abdomen)
Customizing your body lift surgery
In Toronto and Whitby, a body lift surgery is often customized to meet specific goals and parameters. The following physical and aesthetic conditions can be targeted for improvement with a body lift:
- Uneven or dimpled soft tissue, such as cellulite
- Stretch marks combined with lax skin
- Loose skin which created uncomfortable creases and overhang
- Excessive adipose fat tissue
- Sagging and unflattering body contour
There are a variety of causes for stretched, sagging skin and tissue excess. The most common are:
- Significant weight changes
- Extensive stress on skin and underlying tissue, resulting from pregnancy
- Natural aging processes that reduce skin tone and elasticity over time
- Damage from the sun and other environmental factors
- Genetics that determine an individual’s body type and skin quality
- Childhood or adolescence obesity that leads to premature loss of skin tone
I have met with Dr. Golger several times and have found him to be compassionate, knowledgeable and overall easy to talk to. He gave me the facts and left out that sales pitch you often hear from other plastic surgeons. I have seen his before & after photos and his work is impeccable. I would not have anyone operate on me but Dr. Golger and would highly recommend him to anyone in need of a plastic surgeon.
Individual results may vary