Arm Lift Surgery
Where to begin?
The conditions treated with an arm lift may develop in both men and women, most often due to a loss of elasticity in the skin and underlying tissue of the upper arm.
This may be the result of significant weight loss and skin that has been so stretched it loses the ability to retract. Conditions may also result from the natural changes that occur with aging, heredity or a combination of these conditions.
An arm lift in Whitby & Toronto cannot correct weakened muscles of the upper arm; in fact many individuals who seek surgery are relatively fit individuals who are bothered by a condition that cannot be corrected through exercise. In general, good candidates for an arm lift are:
- Adults of any age whose weight is relatively stable and who are not significantly overweight
- Healthy individuals who do not have medical conditions that can impair healing or increase risk of surgery
- Individuals with a positive outlook and realistic goals for what an arm lift can accomplish
- Individuals committed to leading a healthy lifestyle of proper nutrition and fitness
Your Arm Lift
An arm lift is a safe and satisfying procedure that can greatly improve the appearance of your upper arm. The procedure begins with an incision placed in the inside of the upper arm. The incision may extend from the underarm to the elbow, or be more limited in length. Incision length and pattern depend on the amount and location of excess skin to be removed, as well as the preferences and surgical judgment of your plastic surgeon.
If fat will be reduced during your arm lift, it will be excised or treated with liposuction techniques. The underlying supportive tissues are tightened and reshaped with internal sutures. Overlying skin is then smoothed over the new contour of your arm, with excess skin reduced. Your incisions will be closed with absorbable sutures or stitches that will be removed within one to two weeks following your arm lift.
The trade-off to an improved body contour and image through an arm lift is a resulting scar on the inside portion of your upper arm. In addition, uneven contours can develop in the arm after surgery. In some cases, skin elasticity is so poor that relapse of the skin is possible.
Overall health and personal outlook can greatly impact the outcome of arm lift surgery. These will be carefully evaluated in a consultation with your plastic surgeon. The success of your procedure, safety, and overall satisfaction require that you:
- Honestly share your expectations
- Fully disclose health history, current medications, the use of vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco, and drugs
- Commit to precisely following all of your plastic surgeon’s instructions
Where do I begin?
A consultation with your plastic surgeon is the first step to learn how and on what can help you achieve a smoother and more normal contour of the arm. A consultation is designed to fully educate you about Brachioplasty surgery in a non-pressured environment, and will include:
- A discussion of your goals and an evaluation of the individual case
- The options available for an arm left
- The likely outcomes of Brachioplasty and any associated risks or potential complications
- The course of treatment recommended by your plastic surgeon
The cost of a Toronto arm lift
An arm lift is a highly personalized procedure. The cost of your Toronto arm lift will vary based on the type of arm lift performed along with other factors. The average cost of an arm lift at Avenue Plastic Surgery is around $5,500 – $8,500. Financing options are available that can help make the payment process more manageable for our patients.
I have seen Dr. Golger for various cosmetic procedures in the past year and have been very impressed by him and his staff. He is professional, bright, funny, and kind; most importantly, the results have been better than I could ever imagine. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone.
Individual results may vary